From San Fernando, Trinidad:

I have had diabetes for three years, and I'm having a lot of burning and pain in my feet with numbness. Can you help me?

There are several possible causes for the symptoms. I am not sure it is neuropathy, although it certainly could be. Peripheral arterial insufficiency can cause these symptoms. In addition, I have seen these symptoms in patients who have no other remarkable disease or findings. Please have your feet carefully examined by your doctor.

[Editor's comment: Also, see Diabetes and Foot Pain at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]