From the United Kingdom:

We are a British family about to move to Marietta, Georgia. Our 13 year old son has had diabetes for a year and a half years, and has had wonderful care. I have no idea how to go about finding a good endocrinologist and diabetes team to take care of him because the US system of healthcare will be totally new to us! How can I find out a list of clinics, doctors, their experience and what their speciality is?

I would contact the American Diabetes Association in the Atlanta area [(404) 320-7100]. You may also wish to contact the children's hospital in Atlanta for a suggestion from the nursing staff on their pediatric ward about who best cares for diabetes in the area.

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

Marietta, Georgia is very near Atlanta. There are wonderful peds endos there. Some are world reknown. If they are being transferred to the US on business, there company's human resources folks should be able to find the "network" of peds endos on the various insurance plans offered.

[Editor's comment: Also try International Society For Pediatric And Adolescent Diabetes members by country. SS]

[Editor's comment: Finding a New Diabetes Doctor may also have some ideas of use to you. WWQ]