From Florida, USA:

I am a 43 year old female who has had type 2 diabetes treated with Avandia and Glucophage for two years, but for the past six months my blood sugars have been very high (200-250 mg/dl [11.1-13.9 mmol/L] during the day, and at night it has gone up to 420 mg/dl [23.3 mmol/L]. I get very depressed. my body is in a lot of pain, sometimes at night my feet tingle, and I cant sleep. The doctor has given me a non-steroidal antiinflammatory medication, but I still have pain. What else is there for me to do?

First, the blood sugars are not well controlled. Second, your physician can try several types of medications as treatment for the pain.

[Editor's comment: Type 2 diabetes is a progressive disorder, and you may need another medication and/or insulin if your blood sugars can't be controlled with the Glucophage [metformin] and Avandia [rosiglitazone]. Please consult your physician again, and if nothing changes, ask for a referral to a diabetes team who can put you on track. SS]

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2