My friend, recently diagnosed with diabetes, has had really good control and is taking care of himself (making sure he follows his meal plan). However, the other day he got really mad and smoked two cigarettes for the first time ever. He absolutely hated it and won't ever do that again, but I am still worried. I know constant smokers have risks, but this was only two that he smoked. Will those two cigarettes cause him any kind of problems in the future?

The two cigarettes are not likely to have any long term effects whatsoever. It is long lasting effects of smoking over a long time that affects people with diabetes.

Posted to Behavior