Question:

From the USA:

I am a 42 year old female who has had type 2 diabetes for 21 years. I have had neuropathy in my feet and legs for about eight years, and about four years ago, it started in my hands. What effect does excessive walking, kneeling, and sitting on floors have on neuropathy?

Answer:

Neuropathy is a complex and dynamic problem associated with diabetes. This means that the symptoms, pattern of onset, and effective remedies may change over time. Appropriate treatments include improvement in blood sugar control, avoidance of aggravating activities, and medications that may blunt the painful symptoms. Aggravating factors could include excessive walking, kneeling, and sitting on floors.

DTQ-20020329205707B