From Ontario, Canada:

Recently I went to my doctor because I suspect that I might have hypoglycemia. My doctor told me to test my blood sugar several times a day and keep a log for one week. I am wondering when exactly I should test my blood sugar (for example: one hour after eating, one hour before eating).

The best time to look for hypoglycaemia is before a meal and especially in the morning before breakfast. If you are prone to hypoglycaemia, it is more likely to occur when you are fasted (after sleeping overnight) or after stress such as illness or infection. If your blood glucose is normal in these circumstances, it is unlikely you have hypoglycaemia.

[Editor's comment: You should also check any time you think your blood sugar might be low. SS]

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia