From East London, South Africa:

I recently heard that an insulin spray for diabetes would be available to South Africa by year end which I find hard to believe as we are so far behind the Western world that we are not even using the pump yet. Has the spray been sampled and approved? When will it be available, if at all? Is there perhaps a web site or a research facility where I may get updates on the above-mentioned topic.

The diabetes team headed by Professor Francois Bonnici and Professor Areti Philotheou in Capetown have pump experience and also are involved in exciting diabetes research as well as excellent clinical care. You may want to contact them with such questions. And yes, insulin pumps are available in South Africa.