From Greece:

My husband has type 1 diabetes and autoimmune hypothyroidism (probably Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome Type II). I would like to have information about our children's risk of inheriting diabetes or another autoimmune disease.

The risk of hypothyroidism is much greater than the other endocrine deficiency states. Therefore, the risk will be greater than that of developing diabetes. I am not sure how high the risk goes, relative or absolute.

[Editor's comment: See The Risk of Developing Type 1 Diabetes. SS]

Posted to Genetics and Heredity