Question:

From Canada:

I was just wondering if medical insurance covers some of the cost of the insulin pump, and if so how much?

Answer:

It really depends on your insurance, but most plans will pay 80%, some pay 90% and a few pay 100%. I do not think I have seen less than 80% coverage.

LSF

[Editor's comment: This is certainly true for most private insurance in the USA, but since you are in Canada, I assume you probably are covered by your National Health Insurance. I would contact the Canadian Diabetes Association to find out what coverage there is. SS]

Posted to Insurance/Costs and Insulin Pumps