From Canada:

I was just wondering if medical insurance covers some of the cost of the insulin pump, and if so how much?

It really depends on your insurance, but most plans will pay 80%, some pay 90% and a few pay 100%. I do not think I have seen less than 80% coverage.

[Editor's comment: This is certainly true for most private insurance in the USA, but since you are in Canada, I assume you probably are covered by your National Health Insurance. I would contact the Canadian Diabetes Association to find out what coverage there is. SS]

Posted to Insurance/Costs and Insulin Pumps