From Olathe, Kansas, USA:

My 10 year old daughter, who is not obese, has been tentatively diagnosed with MODY. Her antibody test was negative, and her fasting blood sugars range 108-135 mg/dl [6-7.5 mmol/L]. She currently limits her carb intake and takes Glucophage [metformin], but her doctor is considering adding more if her hemoglobin A1c level is still above 6.0%. (They have been 6.3 and 6.4%.) What are the chances of a child with MODY developing type 1 diabetes or becoming insulin dependent?

The first question is the diagnosis. If genetic probes haven't been done, you really don't know if it is MODY. There are several specific genetic types and unless truly identified and there is a strong family history of type 2 diabetes in young, thin adults, then I doubt the diagnosis. That said, many will over time progress to needing insulin. How long is hard to say, maybe even years.