From Peoria, Arizona, USA:

My daughter began in the DPT-1 when she was four years old at which time she tested positive for the antibodies and went on to the next step. During the first GTT, she complained of a headache and lower, side, and back pain. We pulled her from the study because the blood was lost and thawed by the time it reached its destination. After further thought, I didn't want to subject her to the whole ordeal again. However, I began to wonder if this trauma to the pancreas (the GTT) might be doing more harm than good. Could this have played a part in her development of diabetes five years later?

The fact of positive antibody tests at the age of four meant that your daughter was at very high risk of developing clinical diabetes within five years. A glucose tolerance test in the final stages of the prediabetic period might perhaps have been a sufficient stress to precipitate the need for insulin, but there is absolutely no evidence that it could do this after an interval of five years nor is there evidence that a glucose load is traumatic to the pancreas.