From Minot, North Dakota, USA:

My son was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and his doctor has suggested a 2200 caloric diet. Any suggestions on daily food plans, menus, snack ideas would be appreciated.

I would suggest that you schedule an appointment for you and your son to meet with a registered dietitian who specializes in pediatric diabetes meal planning. He/she can assist you in developing a tailored meal plan that fits your son's caloric needs and takes into account your son's personal eating habits. If you are unfamiliar with a dietitian in your area, obtain a referral from your physician.