Question:

From Cornelius, North Carolina, USA:

My nephew, who is only 20 months old, was just diagnosed with diabetes yesterday, and his family receives financial assistance from the government. Thus, his health insurance is through Medicaid. I was wondering if Medicaid will cover all of the supplies that he will need.

Answer:

Medicaid will cover all of the needs of the infant child with diabetes. However, the family may be limited to certain brands of blood glucose meters and strips because the North Carolina program may have a preferred provider arrangement with one manufacturer or another.

DSH

DTQ-20020529220325B
Posted to Insurance/Costs