From Sparks, Nevada, USA:

After giving my nine year old daughter her Lantus injection she bled and developed an immediate lump and bruise. What could have happened? I didn't think I was too close to the navel area. Could that have been the reason? She says she's fine and it doesn't hurt now. Obviously, I will be looking for anything out of the ordinary and will call the doctor if I notice anything.

The lumpy injection probably just means you hit a tiny blood vessel thus the bruise/lump, and it's nothing to worry about. It's unlikely related to Lantus (insulin glargine) unless it was an allergic reaction, in which case I would expect more itching and redness than you describe. It sound to me like just bad luck. Try another site and be sure to discuss this with your diabetes team so they can review your technique.