From Connecticut, USA:

My seven year old, who has had diabetes less than six months, wants to eat constantly which is making everything much harder for all of us. I need a list of carb free foods so that I have more to offer him.

This is a real predicament for a young child with diabetes. You want to provide adequate calories for growth, but don't want blood sugars to go out of control. I would talk with your son's registered dietitian who can certainly specialize a list of free or low carb foods to satisfy your child's hunger..

[Editor's comment: you haven't done so, set up an appointment with your son's entire diabetes team to review his current regimen. It may be that excess insulin is driving his hunger or that he simply isn't getting enough calories to meet his needs. I think you'll find the book, Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Brackenridge and Richard Rubin a great reference for dealing with this issue. SS]