Question:

From Richwood, Ohio, USA:

My three year old daughter looks overweight and has put on more weight during the last month. She she plays all the time and sweats so badly it looks as if she just got out of the bath. If she drinks anything, most of the time she has to go to the bathroom within 10 minutes. Could this be diabetes?

A lot of my friends have said that this sounds like diabetes. if you have anything that might steer me one way or another, please let me know.

Answer:

Weight loss is the norm with diabetes so I would be very surprised if this is your daughter's problem. She should have her urine checked for infection, and you should discuss her diet with a paediatrician or dietitian.

Posted to Exercise and Sports