Question:

From Tampa, Florida, USA:

For several months before I was diagnosed and went on oral medication, I was experiencing hot flushing that came in short waves of just a few minutes duration many times during my waking hours. Was this 'flushing' a symptom of the diabetes? It stopped when I started on the medication.

Answer:

Flushing symptoms are not typical for new-onset symptoms of diabetes. The usual symptoms are frequent urination, blurring of vision, and weight loss, in addition to generalized fatigue. I can't say if the flushing was related or not.