Question:

From Norman, Oklahoma, USA:

I'm getting ready to do some traveling in Europe over the summer, and I'm taking NPH and Regular. What do I need to be able to buy my insulin in England? Do I need a prescription from my doctor here?

Answer:

You would need a prescription written by a U.K. registered physician to obtain insulin. You should therefore take all the supplies you need with you. If there was a crisis, you could get this at any hospital emergency room or from any family doctor's office, especially if you had with you a prescription from your own doctor. R ands NPH are both available.

[Editor's comment: Also see Also see our Flying With Diabetes Supplies and Traveling with Diabetes pages. SS]

Posted to Traveling