Question:

From Palmyra, Illinois, USA:

A 62 year man was told he was borderline and could probably control things with diet so I am looking for a recipe for brown sugar substitute.

Answer:

There used to be a SugarTwin that was like brown sugar, but I do not know if it is on the market anymore. You might wish to speak with his diabetes team and discuss how you can use regular sugar and brown sugar in small amounts in the meal plan. It sounds like by decreasing what is eaten, especially excessive fats, and increasing activity, the diabetes will be under better control.

LSF