Question:

From Stavanger, Norway:

I am a 37 year old male who has lived a ADHD-life (not on Ritalin or similar) since I can remember, and I suspected diabetes (due to alternations in mood and stamina, dry mouth, being overweight, etc.) long before I understood ADHD. Is there a possible connection between ADHD and diabetes or diabetes-like symptoms? Is it possible that the extreme production and usage of adrenalin followed by equally drastic changes in blood sugar causes diabetes or diabetes-like conditions?

Answer:

There is no known connection between ADHD, dyslexia or other similar symptoms, and diabetes, although anyone with diabetes can have intermittent problems paying attention if blood glucose levels are either too high or too low or changing rapidly.