From the Philippines:

I am 38 years old, married, and have had type 2 diabetes for three years now. I have my regular monthly check-up with my endocrinologist and blood glucose monitoring at that time. I got my home glucose monitor six months ago, and asked my doctor if I can get an accurate result of my blood glucose level using it, but much to my dismay she discourages me. I am writing to you with great concern to enlighten me on this matter.

The standard of care is to perform home glucose monitoring. The monitor will not have the same precision as the lab test, but it does not have to have the same precision. The monitor will help you avoid lows and give you important feedback regarding food, exercise, sick days, and the relation of symptoms to your blood sugars.

[Editor's comment: It's time for a discussion with your physician. Unless she has a clear and understandable reason for you not to do home testing when you want to, you should ask for a referral to someone who will be willing to help you. WWQ]