From Woodbridge, Virginia, USA:

My son's doctor is talking about putting him on an indwelling cannula so he won't have to have shots anymore since the injections will go through this site! Apparently, this is something new; not a pump. Do you know more about this? I am looking just for more information about it before I speak to the doctors again.

For many years there has been a plastic catheter called Insuflon that is used instead of syringes for several days. It was available first in Sweden but not terribly popular here in the USA. However, you should talk much more about this with your diabetes team if they are making such a recommendation and learn why, benefits and risks, costs, etc.