Question:

From New York, New York, USA:

Usually my son's blood sugars are on the low side except for dinner time, and during the day he goes through these temper tantrums where he will whine and cry and get upset very easily. Could this be part of the disease? I know if your sugar is high or low it can cause emotional stress but sometimes he gets disoriented and confused.

Answer:

You did not provide a lot of information, but based on your description, it may well be that the moodiness, whining, and emotional lability your son displays may be related to lower glucose readings.

Please discuss this with your child's diabetes team and review the readings. They may want to adjust his insulin or meal plan to see if this helps.

Posted to Behavior