From the United Kingdom:

I have had diabetes for 29 years, and three years ago I had my second child. I was kept on a strict regimen and came to hospital very early. At 31 weeks into my pregnancy, I had a severe hypoglycemic attack and passed out. My son's heartbeat was not found so I had a emergency section. My son was on a ventilator and was very ill, and a year later he as diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Did my hypo cause the bleed in his head? No one will give me a straight answer.

Who is responsible if I have a bad hypo in hospital?

Premature infants are at high risk for brain problems as a consequence of their prematurity, but the severe episode of hypoglycemia that affected you and necessitated an emergency c-section certainly added some risks. A lot would depend upon how long the hypoglycemia existed, how long to correct, exact causes, etc.

You as well as the nurses and doctors are all responsible for your care even in the hospital. You should discuss the causes of the hypoglycemia episode directly with your physician and diabetes team since they will know more specific answers.