Question:

From Charlotte, North Carolina, USA:

I had symptoms and a family history of diabetes, and my doctor says I have the onset of type 2 diabetes. However, he sent me to a nutrition center, I am on an eating right plan, and I have lost from 21 pounds in about four months. Does this mean that I will have type 2 diabetes for certain in the future?

Answer:

When one is diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the mere thought causes many to lose weight, exercise and really bring down the glucose. Great, but you still have diabetes. Over time, you may need medicines to fully control the diabetes. Don't go into denial, especially if the glucoses improve with all your work. You are doing great; keep it up!