Question:

From Pakistan:

Five months ago, my insulin got changed from Lilly NPH with Regular to the NovoLetŪ pre-filled pen, and I have lost 5 kilograms (11 pounds). I am 31 years old, my present weight is 62 kilograms (137 pounds), but I want to have my weight closer to 68 kilograms (150 pounds). What is wrong with me? How can I improve on my weight?

Answer:

My first question to you is, what are your blood sugars? Are you monitoring your blood sugars? Poor blood sugar control can lead to weight loss because you are not using the calories you eat in an efficient manner.

I am not sure that the change was caused by switching from Lilly to Novo insulin. My suggestion is for you to see your doctor soon, in order to discuss this problem. In addition to not having the diabetes controlled, you may have another illness causing you to lose weight.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss