From Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, USA:

I am still hungry between meals, and the doctors told me there are free foods that I can have whenever I want, but I can only find diet Jell-o. Is there a list of free foods I can get somewhere?

Speak with your dietitian about free foods. Free foods are any food or drink that contains less than 20 calories or less than 5 grams of carb per serving. Diet jello, diet sodas, unsweetened tea, unsweetened coffee, bouillon, broth, sugar free gum are all free foods. Very low carb foods would be a lot of the non starchy vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, tossed salad, spinach, etc.).

Don't confuse sugar-free foods with free foods because a majority of the sugar free foods may still have a substantial amount of carbohydrate, just not from a sugar source. Also small amounts of lean protein can be used in between meals for hunger due to the fact that protein does not affect blood sugars as much or as quickly as carbs.