Question:

From Wels, Upper Austria, Austria:

I'm a 14 year old girl who has not been diagnosed with diabetes, but I've got some symptoms (drinking a lot, going to the toilet very often and being very tired). My doctor said that I don't have diabetes, but my blood glucose level is sometimes very high. Is it possible that I'll get diabetes in the future?

Answer:

Your doctor is the best person to answer this question because he has the results of your tests. It is not normal for a 14 year old girl to have the symptoms you describe so, if they persist, you need a diagnosis. You could, for example, have a urine infection.

The risk of future diabetes depends on a number of things including whether other members of your family have it.