Question:

From Wellsville, Ohio, USA:

My husband has type 2 diabetes, and the glands in his cheeks are really swollen. Can this be caused by his Actos? One doctor does not know the cause and another seems to think it is the Actos.

Answer:

I have not seen or heard of inflammation of the salivary glands as a side effect of Actos [pioglitazone]. I have checked several databases and found the same thing.

[Editor's comment: If your husband's physicians do not have a clear answer about some event that some health professionals are suggesting could possibly be a drug side effect, I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer and ask them. WWQ]

Posted to Pills for Diabetes