From Midland, Texas, USA:

My 15 year old son had a blood sugar level of 114 mg/dl [6.3 mmol/L], and the doctor said that is should be below 110 mg/dl [6.1 mmol/L]. I was told to not worry about this at this time and that my son needed more exercise. He plays tennis during the school year and has played golf some this summer. Our son is adopted and we do not know biological health information.

It is not uncommon for someone who doesn't have diabetes to occasionally have a very mildly increased blood sugar which can be due to many factors including, but not limited to, diet or illness. I would recommend watching for the typical symptoms of diabetes. Please read about them. If your child has any of these symptoms, you should promptly review this with his pediatrician who likely order some appropriate follow-up testing.