From Pittston, Pennsylvania, USA:
My 14 year old son, who has had type 1 diabetes for three years, just had more tests done, and I'm hoping you can help me with the results. The tests I would like clarification are:
- Fasting C-peptide: 0.5 (normal: 0.6-3.2)
- islet cell antibodies: negative (normal: negative)
- GAD antibody: 6.0 (normal:1.0 or less)
- microalbumin: 0.20 (normal: 0.00-1.90)
- urine creatinine: 56 (the microalbumin/creatinine ratio was unable to be calculated)
- alkaline phosphatase: 124 (normal:145-360)
- BUN was within normal reference range
- glucose was 317 mg/dl [mmol/L].
- HDL was within desirable range, but calculated LDL was 133
- A1c: 8% (the best he has ever had)
Original posting 31 Jul 2002
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.