Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

Since I have type 2 diabetes, can I use Slimfast bars and shakes to help lose weight? Do they contain too much sugar as I have been told?

The meal replacement options are fine for an occasional quick and easy meal or snack, but I would discourage you from using them on a regular basis for meals or weight loss purposes because they are expensive and have scant nutritional content. For comparison purposes, a bar has approximately 21 grams carb, an 8 ounce juice based shake has 46 grams of carb, and an 8 ounce shake made with skim milk has approximately 32 grams of carb.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss