From Britain:

I have had type 2 diabetes for about a year and a half, and my blood sugar levels are stabilising out as I lose weight, but I often find when I wake up the morning my mouth is very dry (like having cotton wool in my mouth), and I have a horrible taste in my mouth. I have also noticed an increase of cavities in my teeth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, and use mouth wash. Could this be related to my diabetes?

Dry mouth and increased susceptibility to cavities can be seen with high blood sugars.