From Gaines, Michigan, USA:

About three months ago, I had a gastric bypass and recently was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (though I think I've may have had diabetes for a while), and I'm not sure what type of diet to follow. Should I eat a low carb diet?

As I understand gastric bypass, you will be eating very small amounts of foods throughout the day. I would suggest that you eat foods from all food groups and limit sweets as they provide the least amount of nutrition and are very high in calories. In order to stay healthy, you will need to take vitamin supplements as well. I would highly recommend you find a dietitian who is experienced in working with patients who have had bypass surgery for a personalized meal plan.