From Cuidad Victoria, Tamaulipas, Mexico:

What is your opinion on the generic blood glucose test strips?

Over the years, I have heard many horror stories about generic test strips. Personally, I think it is best to use the strips manufactured by the meter company which have strict quality control standards for accuracy. I know that test strips are very expensive, but the test results will not be helpful in your diabetes care unless they are correct. Try calling mail-order companies that advertise in diabetes magazines to compare prices. You might save a lot of money on name brand strips that way.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

They should be okay, but check with the test solutions to be sure and occasionally run a double test of your own as well.