Question:

From Scotland:

I'm 14 years of age, I've had diabetes since I was two, and since I've been getting older I'm finding it difficult to do my injections as there are lumps and bruises in my legs.

Answer:

There are some things that you can do now about the lumps at injection sites. First of all, the lumps do not just "look funny"; indeed, the lumps can interfere with smooth insulin absorption. You can help the lumps go away by using other injection sites that don't have lumps in the arms, abdomen, and hips. Usually, just by leaving the lumpy spots alone, the areas will get better.

DP

[Editor's comment: The technical name for these lumps is lipohypertrophy. WWQ]

DTQ-20020803164454A