From Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA:

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, the doctor put me on Glucophage XR, and my blood sugar is still up in the 200s mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. Even though I have changed my eating habits, it won't go down. It is like I am not taking anything for it. Why isn't my blood sugar going down?

You don't mention what your hemoglobin A1c is or how long you have been on the Glucophage XR [metformin]. If your A1c is over 7% and you have been on the Glucophage for at least a month, you may need an increase in your dose and/or add a second medication. You should see your physician to discuss this.

Posted to Daily Care and Traveling