From Mt. Clemens, Michigan, USA:

I need to be prepped for a colonoscopy, I have very reactive hypoglycemia, and I need to know ways to maintain stable blood sugar. I'm in menopause so hormones bouncing all over, my adrenals are working overtime based on testing results, and sugar foods are my worst nightmare including pop, etc. So, even if I had a steady infusion of dextrose, my hypoglycemia would likely still react. Might they allow ground oat flour? Any ideas are welcome.

Most people with reactive hypoglycemia don't truly have low blood sugars, but have the symptoms of a falling blood sugar. If you have never had a documented true low blood sugar when you are having symptoms (drawn in a grey top tube and sent to a lab), you probably don't have to worry about getting into trouble with a dangerously low blood sugar if you have to fast for the test, though you may feel "uncomfortable". If you have had documented low blood sugars and have to fast, IV glucose should prevent both the symptoms and the problems.

If you are allowed to have sips of clear fluid before the test, sips of soda (real soda, not diet) or juice should protect you and you should have minimum or no annoying symptoms (the symptoms usually occur when you drink several ounces of soda or juice at a time, not if you have one to two sips every 10-15 minutes). I doubt you will be allowed ground oat flour if you are going to be sedated, but of course the person who can answer your questions the best about the procedure is your own doctor.