From Atlanta, Georgia, USA:

I am 14 years of age, have had type 1 diabetes for the past nine years, and have been on an insulin pump for the past year and a half. I am 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weigh 138 pounds, and I need to lose a few pounds. I do eat pretty well and exercise for two hours every day. Could it be that my insulin is not working as well?

If you want to lose some weight, you either need more exercise to burn off calories or less food intake -- plus an appropriate adjustment of your insulin levels. Your diabetes team can give you specific advice.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss