From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I have been told that Glucerna shakes/bars are meal replacement products for people with diabetes. Is this true? If so, is it safe to use as I would like to lose some weight and find it hard to follow a diet.

The Glucerna shakes and bars are promoted as a meal replacement or supplement. I see nothing wrong with using them occasionally as this. They have a good combination of carbohydrate and protein together in one snack. They tend to be a little pricey, but for portion control and weight loss, they might serve the purpose. One 12 ounce can of Glucerna contains 29 grams carb, 10 grams protein, and 8.5 grams fat (only 1 gram of which is saturated fat), and one Glucerna bar contains 24 grams carb, 6 grams protein, and 4 grams fat.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Weight and Weight Loss