Question:

From the United Kingdom:

For the last eight weeks I have been getting high temperatures (39-41o Centigrade) with low blood pressure and a heart rate over 127 beats per minute. I have recently had my urine tested which contains both protein and blood. Would this be a sign of diabetes?

Answer:

It is more likely that this is from something else that has involved damage to your kidneys. It could be from an infection to the urinary tract or from damage to your kidneys from another source. Sometimes, the kidney is damaged as a bystander from another infection. This finding requires that you work closely with your physician to find out the cause of the symptoms and the lab tests results.