From a dietitian in Africa:

I am working with a HIV/AIDS project as a dietitian, and generally, we have our clients on high energy diets to maintain weight, but a few of our clients have diabetic. Any ideas how to maintain weight without making their diabetes worse?

I have no experience with this particular issue, but I think the weight issue is of utmost importance. Insulin can always be increased to meet the energy needs of the individual. With carbohydrate counting, it is fairly easy to include foods with dense calories.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss