Question:

From Carlisle, Cumbria, England:

At the moment, my friend gets free insulin and syringes from the National Health service here in the UK, but he is about to emigrate to Greece and would like to know If he can get these free there. Greece is a member state of the European Community so we are entitled to the same health care as Greek people, So far no-one can tell us, but I know that a few of

Answer:

Your friend should contact the British Diabetes Association either by mail or through the web site. The Greek Embassy in London should also be able to answer his questions.

[Editor's comment: Your friend could also contact the Hellenic Diabetologic Association, 4 Papadiamandopoulou Street, 11528 Athens, Greece Tel. 30- 1/7211845. SS]