From Ontario, Canada:

I am 14 years old, 5 feet 3 inches tall, and I weigh 134 pounds. Lately I have been really thirsty, and I'm always tired. I have also lost my appetite and sometimes have dry mouth. I have noticed a desire to urinate, but I don't actually have to go. I haven't noticed any weight loss. When my mom noticed I was drinking so much, she thought it might be diabetes, but as soon as she said that, she took it back (saying she was wrong, and that I didn't have it). Now I'm a little worried, and I don't want to go to my doctor unless I have reason to believe I have diabetes. The only member in my family with diabetes is my grandmother's sister.

I think a quick trip to your doctor's office will allay your fears. I would suggest you talk to your mother about your concerns in addition to visiting your doctor's office.