Question:

From Macomb, Illinois, USA:

Is there a "tattoo" for a child to wear that indicates when he is getting low?

Answer:

I have seen medical identification tattoos made by DiBon. These are temporary tattoos but which merely note that the child has diabetes. There is not a tattoo that shows when the glucose level is low.

Additional comments from Dr. Jim Lane:

No. The GlucoWatch is an external meter which has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to monitor blood sugars and helps in identifying very high and very low blood sugars. I am not aware of anything like a tattoo that does the same thing.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Nope. No tattoos about hypoglycemia.