From Salisbury, Massachusetts, USA:

My husband suffers from severe neuropathy pain in both feet, treated with strong narcotics, and it seems that the pain medication does not work when we travel. Does altitude have any effect on neuropathy pain? Will neuropathy be worse if we decide to fly somewhere?

Neuropathic pain is probably less dependent on altitude than it is on activity when you are up at that altitude. If your husband is doing a lot of walking or hiking, that is probably a problem. I would also make sure his pain medications are appropriate. When patients with neuropathy have pain, it is best to try and get patients on a non-narcotic medications in order to prevent drug dependency.