From Prescott, Arizona, USA:

As care giver to my 88 year old mother, who had her pancreas removed about 16 years ago, I wonder if there is a chart available on-line so that I can record her blood sugar levels twice a day and then print it out when the page is full. If it turned into a graph, too, that would be extra nice.

A log sheet is an alternative or adjunct to software. There are a lot of different log sheets out there, but the best, in my opinion, is one developed by Jean-Franšois Yale, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Crabtree Nutrition Laboratories, McGill Nutrition and Food Science Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, and Director, Metabolic Day Centre. I met with him in Montreal in August 2002, and at that time he authorized me to make his log sheet available on my website. Dr. Yale's log sheet lets you enter blood glucose readings, insulin dosages, carbohydrate grams, and exercise (which you can put on a scale of 1 to 5) for any hour of the day. Before printing the log sheets remember to change the page layout to landscape, and when you are finished to change it back to the usual portrait layout. Two pages of the log sheet cover the seven days of the week. You can download the zip file containing the log sheet in Microsoft Word 2000 format.