From Canada:

I'm 16, I have type 1 diabetes, and I want to be a Registered Nurse after I go to college. I'm was wondering if there is problem in doing that because nurses have 12-hour shifts and stuff.

I think that with attention to your blood sugars and diet to prevent any problems, even 12 hour shifts should be workable. We have usually found that using an insulin pump is the easiest, but unique schedules can also be handled with basal/bolus insulin regimens. So go for what you are hoping for, and be the best RN possible!

Posted to Other Social Issues