From Buffalo, New York, USA:

My girlfriend, who has had type 1 diabetes for 21 years, has been waxing her legs for several years on a monthly basis. She was informed by a friend, who read the instructions on a leg wax product, that it should not be used by people with diabetes. Is there anything she should be aware of? Are there any long-term complications such as the damaging of nerves on her legs?

I am sure that the precaution on the label was meant to scare people from using the product if they were at risk of developing breakdown of the skin in areas that would put them at risk. This would be especially true if the person had previous foot ulcers or skin sores, lack of sensation over the area being treated, or in individuals with very poor glucose control. I do not see how long-term use of the product would be the primary cause of nerve damage.

We cannot be sure over the Internet whether it's safe for her to use the product, and she should check with her own physician.