From Johannesburg, South Africa:

Having read the article on the approval of the GlucoWatch for children, I see they state the suitable age as being over seven, but I cannot seem to find a link to GlucoWatch. I would like to know why the GlucoWatch cannot be used for children younger than seven as this age group (particularly age five and under) does not seem to be able to recognize the signs of hypo/hyperglycaemic episodes, and of course, those under two cannot communicate even if they feel 'funny'. This is the age group who really need alarms sounding! Is progress being made to make the GlucoWatch suitable for children under age seven?

Usually products are tested first in adults and then in older children. With more testing, it may be approved for younger children as well. See the GlucoWatch website for more details.